Wolfie the Wonder Horse!

Wolfie the Wonder Horse!
Wolfie, 24/02/08

Friday 10 February 2012

God forbid that I should go to any heaven where there are no horses. R.B. Cunningham-Graham

I have been giving a lot of thought recently to my horses and what would happen to them, should anything happen to me. It is something I'm ashamed to say, that I have never given much, if any consideration to before. I've always presumed, that it would be them to go first and it would be me here making decisions for them. I'm not being morose, I'm not planning on going anywhere, but I suppose it's something every responsible horse owner must prepare for. When I took each one of them, I have made them all the same two promises. That someone would always feed them and they would never suffer pain or neglect again at the hands of people. In an ideal world, I would like them to stay together and stay with my family, however, coming from a 'non-horsey' family that isn't really realistic and I never want them to be a burden on anyone either financially or with their time. My biggest worry is what would happen to my beautiful, talented, funny, sensitive, overly emotional Wolfie. He wouldn't be happy being retired off in a field, it would be a waste as he has too much to give. I think Wolfie would have to be sold, to go on and continue his education, hopefully to someone who would love him, understand him and continue with and finish his story. The money from the sale of Wolfie, all his belongings and the trailer would then be used to pay for the ponies keep at a retirement home or sanctuary where they would be safe and looked after for the rest of their days. Hopefully, it will just be words on paper.

2 comments:

clairesgarden said...

it is in my will that Abbey will go to Carnoustie, I did make sure this was okay with them first. they are finacially okay to have her which is a good thing.

Suzie said...

Really interesting post - have never really thought much about it, just trusted that the people who had to sort it would know what to do...I should probably have a bit more of a plan than that!