Wolfie the Wonder Horse!

Wolfie the Wonder Horse!
Wolfie, 24/02/08

Saturday 29 September 2012

Hair Cut




I started clipping Wolfie today.  I say started, as it's always a 2 day job.  He doesn't have the concentration to stand to let me finish a clip in one day.  I usually do it the first or second week in October, but I had the weather and the time this weekend, so just decided to do it.  He is actually very good with the clippers (apart from on his belly as he is very ticklish), but he is such a fidgit.  I've pretty much given up on ever having straight lines.  I'm borrowing clippers as my own set met an untimely end last year.  I was going to replace them this year, but I still haven't decided on what kind to get.  I should have sent my blades away to get sharpened though.  I have washed and re-proofed all the turn outs though, sent a couple of no longer needed rugs to the shetland pony welfare society and one of Wolfie's old rugs to a sanctuary in Aberdeen.  I cleaned out the back of Wolfie's stable to find the mice had chewed through my grooming kit. Fabulous.  Wolfie looks so different with his hair tied back. At least I know what he will look like if I ever decide to chop off his mane.  We went for a little ride around the fields after I half clipped him and accidentally jumped a stone dyke wall. I really want to take him cross country schooling.  He's really bold across country, just a little strong and over enthusiastic at times.

1 comment:

clairesgarden said...

he is very handsome with his hair out the way but I love his long mane. Abbeys gets chewed off regularly..